19 June 2015

My First Veg

Just a quick post. Yesterday I harvested my very first veg. I can't tell you how thrilled I was. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am beyond excited. I also have a small confession. In the past, when I have grown vegetables, I have mostly given them away to neighbours and friends. Mad I know but there you have it. This year, I intend to eat everything I produce. Yesterday's harvest was some spinach. I could have picked more but I didn't want to use it all but I did pick enough to make something nice to eat.


So, for supper last night I made chicken cooked with white wine, garlic, a tablespoon of green pesto, a tablespoon of creme fraiche, my home grown, freshly picked spinach all topped with a sprinkling of cheese and some toasted pine nuts. It was absolutely delicious. 


I'm also getting ready to pick some sugarsnap peas I have loads of them on the plants and I'm thinking they would be great for Sunday lunch.


And I have some little teeny tiny courgettes on my courgette plants. Soooooo cute :-)


And I tell you ..... getting these photos in the brilliant sunshine, without my glasses, was no mean feat! I couldn't see a thing and it was basically just a case of stick my iPad into the plants, click the button and hope for the best :-) !!

2 comments:

  1. Love eating things we've grown in the garden. I have potatoes in the kitchen my husband brought in yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's not just me who can't see screens in daylight, not camera screens, mobile phone screens or laptop screens. How do some folks manage to work on their laptops while basking in the sunshine? So - how many photos of your shoes, or the grass did you delete before you managed to get all the vegetables? (I can see how proud you are of your very own vegetables.)

    ReplyDelete