18 August 2015

SPOTS!!!!

This week I haven't done much in the way of painting, I have, however, done a massive amount in the way of scratching! YUK I hear you say and you'd be right!! For some bizarre reason, the allergy I developed this week from my spontaneous urticaria comes in the form of a horrible rash due to a severe allergy to the new laundry detergent I bought. It was on special offer and it's not like I haven't used it before because I have, I have used it many times in the past but I certainly won't be using it again for a while. I am now sitting in my old pyjamas because they are the only things I have that were washed in my old detergent and the only things that don't make me want to scratch like a mutt with fleas!!! It's awful, not even antihistamines are stopping the itching completely and sadly, there is nothing to do except wait for the rash to go and the itchiness to calm down. I am glum! I have washed everything in the house that might have even come in contact with the evil stuff and it's all out on the washing line drying in the sun. It's a good job that my neighbours are used to my bizarre behaviour and thankfully, no one batted an eyelid when they saw me hanging out a load of laundry in my PJ's and 2.30 in the afternoon!

On a brighter note, I have just noticed that I am almost at my 250th blog post. I can't believe it. How on earth did I find so much to waffle on about. Anyway, I was thinking that for my 250th post I would do a giveaway. I have no idea what it will be just yet but I thought as I have never done one before, I might give it a go. So, watch this space :-)

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sounds painful and itchy , I hope it calms soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is itchy I have to try and stop myself scratching and believe me it's not easy lol :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh no poor you, I've been bitten a lot this year which I put down to walking the dog & not my slap hazard housework. I hope you're feeling better soon, the itchiness was driving me crazy last week & it's not a nice situation is it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's driving me crazy too, I keep nipping upstairs to have a hose down with a cold shower to try and soothe the itching. It's not as bad as it has been but it's still pretty grim :-)

      Delete
  3. How horrible, I hope you are okay by tomorrow. Salt bath perhaps or jasmine oil bath both good for skin complaints xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful for you :( Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete