19 March 2013

My Oh My ..... How Time Flies !

Wow, where has the time gone? Things have been so hectic here that I have hardly had time to think let alone to blog but here goes.

So, what have I been up to? Well I'm still doing the Trerulefoot Local Produce Market three days a week. The rest of the time is either catching up with housework or sewing and creating things to replace the stock I sell at the market so things have pretty much become a blur. I did spend a couple of hours last night catching up on reading all the lovely blogs I follow, it seems like you've all been so busy too. 

The things that sell at the market are gradually starting to settle into a pattern of things that sell well and things that seem to be just a one off but, I'm slowly getting the hang of what to make. I have recently started making cards with little packets of seeds stuck onto them which you can plant in the garden. Hopefully they will be a good seller. I have also been making a whole loads of other things such as garden kneelers, peg bags, aprons and cushions. 





There was also a fabulous St Piran's Day celebration at Kernow Mill with a piper, some cute little owls and a whole load of fund raising efforts on behalf of The Lions club, which was great fun. 




There is also the possibility of another craft fair coming up at the start of April and I am desperately trying to come up with some new ideas to sell so ...... if anyone has any ideas for things that generally sell well at craft fairs I would be very very happy to hear from you. I have to confess it's giving me a few sleepless nights and I keep waking up at 2am thinking "I wonder if this would work" or " I wonder if that would sell". Is that normal I ask myself :-)


5 comments:

  1. I love your idea of the cards with seeds on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you again, Kay, but I suspected you were being kept very busy with all the crafting - which seems to be taking off for you.
    I love the seed cards - ideal for an unusual birthday card & gift in one. On the gardening theme, how about pretty gardening gloves; material covered Gardeners' notebooks; and you could have small bundles of the row markers/identity pegs like the one on the seed card pictured, bound with twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're finding the markets good for business. I wondered about cushions for making those ubiquitous white plastic garden chairs a bit more comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you are doing so well, I am really pleased for you! I love the things you make and really like the seed packet idea! Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete