27 December 2012

Getting Ready For The New Year

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.

You will probably have guessed that there is no Thrifty Thursday this week. What with the Christmas preparations and things, I simply haven't had a moment to think about writing a blog post but there will definitely be one next week. 

Christmas went by in a blur with lots of food and drink and general merry-making, the house is now back to almost empty with just my youngest daughter and me and the clean-up of the debris is well under way. I got lots of lovely presents (Thank you to my three fabulous daughters and my mum and dad xXx) and I have plenty of used wrapping paper to light the fire with. There is also loads of turkey left over for some turkey massaman curry tonight and we have even had some sunshine. The weather here has been so awful lately and so wet that this morning, when I woke up to a room full of bright light, for a second, I thought that I had forgotten to turn the light off last night. It's still dry and hopefully, a few days of this and my field may even start getting back to normal and then I will hopefully be able to make a start on repairing the damage to the fences. 

I'm now looking forward to the New Year. I'm planning on making some big changes in 2013 and undertaking a new venture, which, obviously, I will be sharing on my blog. There is garden planning to do and veg planting to start and lots and lots of exciting things for me to get my teeth into in 2013. I have spent the afternoon trying to decide what veg I'm going to plant and where I'm going to plant them and I have sorted through some flower seeds that I found in a cupboard. So until the Christmas Limbo Week is over (the week between Christmas and New Year) I am going to sit by the fire and dream of a sunny 2013 spent sewing, crafting and gardening and then come the 1st of January I can get started.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start sorting the garden and getting it neat and tidy again and what heaven it would be to go to the coal shed without paddling in 4 inches of water.I can but dream of sunshine and dry coal....how sad is that x

    ReplyDelete