18 October 2012

Mars Bar and Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes.


Just a quick post to go with the quick crispy cake recipe. When I make these, I get my rice crispies from Morrisons and I buy their value range which are about 80p for a 440gm bag and I also buy the Morrisons own brand Mars Bar equivalent thingies, which are about £1.80 for 8 which makes these little crispy cakes quite cheap and really really quick to make. 

Ingredients
5 MarsBars
1 and a half oz butter
Enough rice crispies for the chocolate/caramel mixture to coat
1 bar milk chocolate

Method
Melt the Mars Bars and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water.
Add enough rice crispies for the chocolate/caramel mixture to coat each one
Press into a buttered tin and chill.
Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot water
Spread melted chocolate on top of crispy cakes and put back in the fridge to chill until set.
Cut into squares and enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment