13 October 2012

Crochet Hooks and Wool

I know what you're thinking .... wow two posts in one day but I just couldn't resist. Last week I ordered some crocheting hooks from eBay and this morning they arrived. I have been wanting to learn to crochet properly for some time now, ever since I saw some of the amazing things on some of my favourite blogs, so I thought I would take the plunge and order some hooks. They were a bargain too .... £4.75 for all the sizes you're ever likely to need. 


Of course, there is no point having crocheting hooks unless you have some wool too so off I zoomed to Trago Mill, my local cheap-as-chips-find-anything-and-everything store to hunt some down and I bought a whole load of fantastic colours for the total bargain price of £14.99. I'm beyond thrilled. Now all I have to do is find something gorgeous to make and get going ...... watch this space :-)
Ta ...dah ....... here is my very first attempt at a granny square. My fingers ache, I have cramp in my arm and my eyes hurt from squinting and concentrating but I'm very proud of it :-)


1 comment:

  1. That's gorgeous - only 497 to go and you'll have a double bed cover!!! Lol, lol.
    So how did you learn how to do that? Google?
    You'll get no housework done now!

    ReplyDelete