Over the past week or so, I have been trying to get my creative mojo back and while on the internet looking for inspiration, I found a cute little owl cushion on this blog so, decided that I would have a go at making one for myself. (There is a pattern link on the blog but in case you can't find it, it's here.) I printed out my pattern pieces and cut them out and I had almost finished stitching the eyes and beak and things onto the front piece of fabric when I realised that I was missing a piece, the kind of chest bib thingy. When I looked under my sewing table, I discovered one of my cats sitting on the missing piece of fabric and very reluctant to part with it so I left her to it and made the cushion without it.
It's just a prototype but I think it turned out quite nicely. I stuffed this one with some hypoallergenic stuffing but I think I might make some smaller ones and fill them with lavender. I'm also going to stuff the feet with a little padding. It says to stuff them in the pattern but I didn't think they needed it but I think they would look better with s little padding.
The pictures aren't great, they're a bit dark and don't really do the lovely fabric justice because by the time I had finished sewing, it was 9pm and I was squinting so much I could barely see to thread the needle on the sewing machine. I must find out where I can get a daylight bulb from.