3 August 2015

Car Booty and a Mammouth Task

Yesterday, I finally managed to get to my first car boot sale of this year. I love car boot sales. I love finding bargains and things that people don't want any more and turning them into them into things I can use in my house but, what with the weather being so awful lately, most of them have been cancelled. Yesterday I was in luck. Unfortunately I didn't find much but that's how it is sometimes but it was still nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours. 


This is all I found today, it cost a whole 20p :-) a true bargain. I can't decide whether to paint it or leave looking rustic. In fact I'm having a bit of a dither all round just now because I have embarked on the EPIC task of decorating the house ....... from top to bottom. Well, technically from bottom to top but lets not quibble. I have started in the hall and I will be going from room to room, painting, finishing jobs that have been left for way too long and finally getting my house looking nice and how I want it.

I have a plan. The plan is this ........ everything that doesn't move is going to be painted white. Once everything is painted white, doors, walls, ceilings, beams ........ everything, I can then decide what colours I am going to introduce into the rooms. At the moment, things are a real mishmash and I just can't live with it any more. It was like that when we moved in. All the woodwork has been stained dark brown. not a nice brown, just an ugly, dark, depressing brown. Some of the doors have been stained a different brown and the beams are another shade of ...... yep you guessed it ...... brown. I hate brown. The problem is that I just never had the money to do it all and I don't really have the money to do it now but I am determined to do it no matter what and I am going to start painting and I'm not going to stop 'til it's done. 

So watch this space. I will be posting before and after pictures after I finish each room. 

Hopefully :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay, I can't wait to see your before and after pics! Decorating is expensive but sooooo worth it. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your home more once the ugly brown has been banished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well decorating may be expensive but paint is a relatively cheap way to make a dramatic difference. Have you thought of checking paint stores for paint brought back because the color wasn't exactly what the customer ordered. Often you can get some real bargains which work fine for someone other than the picky first customer. I do like the color brown but too much of it in a house would be depressing.

    Love the flower pot holder. Wooden things are so nice and "real" somehow.

    ReplyDelete