8 August 2013

Time To Get Back Into The Swing Of Things.

Wow it's been absolutely ages since I posted anything on here and I really have no excuse other than the fact that things have been really hectic around here, with most of my time spent sewing things for the market, going to lots of lovely car boot sales (although last Sunday's one was cancelled due to bad weather) and general, normal, everyday life stuff. That is really no excuse though and I am going to make an attempt to post every day now so I can get back into the swing of things again. It's amazing how easy it is to get out of the habit. I have still been keeping up with reading all the lovely blogs I follow though. I love to spend half an hour catching up with my blog lists and reading about all the interesting things people are getting up to. It does, however, make my blog look a bit boring! 

Next week, I am off to do a food hygiene and handling course which has been organised by the market manager. Technically, I don't suppose I really need to do it, I mean ..... the only food I handle while I'm sewing is the tea and biccies that I have when I take a break but, you never know when these things might come in useful and it's at a reduced rate so I thought I might as well do it. I did also think that once I have done it, I might make some fudge to sell on my market stall. I love baking and cooking but there isn't really much I can do to take to the market with me because there are other people there who sell cakes and pasties and things and I would never want to upset anyone but, there is no one who makes fudge so I thought I might give it a go. I have an amazing chocolate fudge recipe which is really easy so when I have made my first batch I will post some picture and the recipe so you can all have a go at making some yourselves.

On a less than happy note, my car died! It looks like the head gasket has gone but I am waiting until I can get a mechanic to take a look before I decide what I am going to do with it. In the meantime I bought an old car from a friend of mine to tide me over. Living where I do, in the middle of nowhere, it's almost impossible to function without a car. It's a 20 minute walk to the nearest shop with some really mean hills to negotiate and there are no buses so even an old car, which I bang my head on every time I get into it because I'm not used to such low ceilings, is a godsend and I was extremely grateful to Lynn for selling it to me. I did, however, have to do a fair amount of walking while I was in-between cars so I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures of flowers and hedgerows while I was out and about.

Walking up the lane to visit a friend for coffee
Beautiful White Fuzzy Flowers in the Hedgerow ..... not a clue what they are :-)
Yellow Fuzzy Stuff .... again no clue as to what they are.
Finches in The Trees
Wild Honeysuckle Growing In The Hedgerow
Beautiful Pink Roses in my Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment