24 November 2014

First Frost of This Year

Well, the weather has finally turned chilly. I woke up this morning to a crisp, white frost and brilliant sunshine. I love days like this. I don't mind the cold at all but I do dislike grey, wet weather. Give me a freezing, bright, frosty morning over grey, drizzly and damp any day of the week. As I nipped out to check on the llamas, I grabbed my camera to snap a couple of photos. I love the shapes of the lichen on my field gates and was trying to get some pictures of it when Leo wandered over to check out what I was doing. The boys are very inquisitive and always wander over to investigate what I'm doing.



Look at those amazing frost crystals ..... beautiful.

Even nettles look lovely covered in frost.


And despite the cold, my rosebush is still flowering. It never ceases to amaze me. This bush has been flowering since April. The flowers smell fabulous and there have been dozens of them throughout the year. 


I also felt the need to bake so I found a lovely recipe online and set about making some delicious gingerbread cookies.

Gingerbread Recipe.

· 125g butter

· 4 tbsp golden syrup

· 100g light demerara sugar

· 320g plain flour

· 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda

· 2 tsp ginger

Melt the butter, syrup and sugar together in a pan. Sieve the dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the warm syrup to the flour mix, and stir well to form a dough. Cool, cut and bake at 180 degrees for around 10mins until the edges begin to brown.





Delicious gingerbread cookies with drizzled icing and sprinkles ..... you can never have too many sprinkles ..... or fairy light for that matter :-) 

Admittedly not the neatest cookies in the world but absolutely scrumptious. 

3 comments: